When you hire a speaker, you’re hiring a subject matter expert. Most speakers have a particular speaking rate that they charge, depending on the event. Speakers may volunteer their services at local events, free events and for non-profits. Speakers who are new to the industry may volunteer their services because it gives them practice speaking in front of a crowd and a chance to make good connections.
As a speaker who is volunteering their services make sure that you prepare a contract that indicates whether or not you will receive any of the following as compensation:
- Letter of reference within 30 days of the event.
- Be allowed to videotape the event and use the recording for promotional purposes.
- Allow you to sell your books and products at the back of the room.
- Supply volunteers to assist you.
- If the event is not local, travel expenses, including accommodation.
Yvonne Wu helps speakers spend more of their time on stage by taking care of the organizational aspects of the speaker’s business. You have a story to tell. Let’s get you out there to tell it! Learn about Yvonne’s services here.
If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter below.